RECENT BUYS: THINGS I'VE LOVED LATELY
So I've been struggling to round up some of my recent purchases into cohesive categories, and today I just decided what the heck, I'm going to share it all in one post. I don't want to wait until things sell out or stop being on sale, so voila, we have the wildly vague "recent buys" post. Click the collage to shop, and scroll down for my thoughts on each item!
1. LA Girl Pro Concealer: I've had this concealer for about two weeks, and I'm a huge fan. It comes in 30 different shades AND it's under $5 AND it was just listed in Harper's Bazaar's "World's Best Concealers" list of 2019. It is awesome and I would compare the coverage and ease of blending with my NARS Radiant. Bold statement, but I honestly love it way more than I loved Maybelline's Age Rewind concealer, which has been the recent drugstore cult favorite.
2. Swimsuit: I got this swimmie in the mail this week, and I am SO impressed with the fit and the quality (not to mention, how cute is it!) for $20. It runs true to size (I actually exchanged the medium for a small, so maybe even a little big) and comes in a few great prints. The top is lined WITH cups, and I'm very conservative when it comes to cheeky swim bottoms, because 9/10 I am at the beach with my mom/little brothers, and I felt completely comfortable in this.
3. Pearl Embellished Headband: Little known fact- I actually embellished my first pearl studded headband by hand, with a needle and thread, after seeing Lele Sadoughi at NY Fashion Week. And I wear it all the time. BUT let me save you some time and money, because this pearl headband is literally $1. I thought it was too good to be true so I ordered just the watermelon shade as a test, but have since ordered every color. The quality is fantastic and when this trend goes out, hey, it was $1.
4. Cutout Dress: I had to include this dress, because I've made a ton of returns recently, and this baby made the cut and is now a summer staple. It's flattering and comfortable, and I find the cut and the print really unique. It runs true to size, and some sizes are on sale for $22 on Prime.
5. Gold Hammered Hoop Earrings: Please tell me I'm not the only one who loses every earring I ever spend money on. I went through two pairs of Sheila Fajl hammered gold hoops in six weeks, RIP, so I was so excited to find these for $12. They are almost identical, and if I lose them, I won't beg the hotel concierge to let me check under the bed "just one more time."
6. Nose Mask: I probably shouldn't recommend this, because my dermatologist always tells me that the mini blackheads on my nose are actually just enlarged pores producing necessary oils, but this mask just rips everything right out of there. My nose is more clear than ever, so if you don't mind crying a little bit, try this out and see how much gross stuff is on the mask after you peel it off. Fun date night for married couples. Sorry, Dr. Camden.
8. Block Heel Sandals: I'm obsessed with the look of Loeffler Randall, but I can't always stomach the price tag! I thought these had a similar vibe, and it doesn't hurt that they're only $20! I have the cream color and the quality has been great so far. They're comfortable right from the get go and the heel makes them so easy to walk in.
9. Rattan Crossbody: I love this bag! It's the perfect size for a pair of sunglasses, wallet, phone and keys, so it helps me stay minimal with what I carry! It comes in a ton of shapes/sizes. I think I'm going to order a round one next.
11. Red Booties: One of my girlfriends splurged on a pair of western style red booties a few months ago while we were out shopping, and I've regretted not grabbing them in my size ever since! I love statement booties and the red color is so fun but still versatile. Some sizes are under $50 and they are great quality for that price!
12. Swing Dress: I have this dress in three colors, and for good reason! It's $20 and comes in a variety of shades. I've ordered several swing/babydoll dresses off Amazon, and this is the only one that was an appropriate length on me (I'm 5'7"). It's long enough to wear to work, and fun enough to run around in on the weekend.
So there you have it! 12 purchases that I've loved this month. Happy browsing!