FINDING JOY IN THE LITTLE PICTURE
Updated: Mar 21, 2019
I don't know about you, but at the beginning of 2019 I set some pretty huge big picture goals for myself. I'm doing my best to chip away at them (okay, not quite my best, but I'll address that another day...) but if you're anything like me, these goals look so daunting! The final product is so massive that sometimes I don't know where to start. There are blog goals, health goals, career goals, financial goals, relationship goals... the list goes on! Anyways, sometimes I get caught up in the big picture and forget to celebrate the everyday wins and the small joys within the little picture. I've had kind of a rough week or two between fighting the flu and being stuck in a pretty down mindset, so I took some time to write out five little things that have brought me joy this week:
1. My apartment is a trainwreck right now as I've been sick, but I picked up a dozen pink tulips from the florist and seeing them even amongst all the clutter makes me smile!
2. My husband and I booked our next great adventure this week and I can't wait to start working out the details! I'm excited to share where we are going and ask for all of your recommendations!
3. For 10 consecutive days, I have removed my makeup, applied serum, eye cream and moisturizer (and occasionally a mask) before bed. This might be nothing to other people but I am TERRIBLE about going to sleep in my makeup.
4. I found the cutest slippers on Amazon for under $10 and having unicorns on my feet has brought me an unnatural amount of happiness.
5. I am like two hours of knitting away from being finished with my second big project and I can't wait to get to start wearing it around! It's going to be so cozy. It has been about a 30 hour total project so I'm really getting there!!
Anyways, possibly my best small joy is you people who read my blog. You mean more to me than you realize and I am so grateful that you exist. I hope I can provide you with something valuable and I hope you take a few minutes today to think about five things you're thankful for because it's all of the little victories that make up the big wins.