BEAUTY AND THE BUDGET
Updated: Jul 28
Hello to my online friends! I never thought that cyber relationships could live up to the real thing, but recently one click away has felt more intimate than six feet away! One of the things I have been spending a lot of time playing around with during quarantine is my skincare routine. It seems like a good time to test new products, because hey, if it makes your forehead look like a swollen mountain range, no one has to see it! Here are some of my findings:
Not wearing makeup during the day has done wonders for my complexion. My skin feels healthier than ever and I love the idea of not clogging my pores daily with heavy foundation. I try to look a littleee bit put together while staying home, so my quarantine makeup routine consists of an all-over mineral sunscreen, concealer under my eyes, swipe of Better than Sex mascara, and a dash of Ruby Woo on my lips.
Clean beauty is important. I am trying to incorporate a lot more clean products into my regimen as other things run out, and I have found them to be equally effective if not better.
HOWEVER, I am not giving up retinol. I just can't. This line of Jasmine Retinol products from PIXI beauty is a great way to add that anti-aging MVP to your routine without breaking the bank. I particularly like the overnight oil, which I apply under my moisturizer before I hit the sack. You can find most of their products at Target!
4. I have always been a loyal Clarins self-tanning drops user, but I heard great things about these drops from Isle of Paradise so I have been using them for about a week and I love them! The color is very natural but noticeable and it doesn't come off on my white towels! PLUS- it's clean!
5. I have historically been married to my TULA moisturizer, but when I ran out, I looked for one that was more eco-friendly and had some new ingredients that I was looking for. I ended up ordering this from Ella Moss Naturals and I have been loving it! It also works really well with the Isle of Paradise drops! It's light enough for morning use and a little drop goes a LONG way, so it's super cost effective.
6. I have never been particularly loyal to any one cleanser, I tend to like to test different things and see what different ingredients do for me. I've been using this K-Beauty cleanser (it's actually a powder that you mix with water-so cool) for the past two weeks, and I am loving it. It is cleaner than what I was using before, and makes my skin feel amazing. I use it every morning and then I use it again in the evening after removing my makeup!
7. I liked the Jaxon Lane K-Beauty cleanser so much that I now have this mineral sunscreen in my cart to test as soon as mine runs out.
8. Skyn Iceland sent me their Face Lift in a Bag to review, and it is worth the hype!! I couldn't quite afford to keep up with that routine, so I bought my two favorite components in bulk. The first one is the Firming Eye Gels (they eviscerate any other under eye gels I have tried) and the second is this set that covers both lines around your mouth and your forehead which I need all the help I can get with at the moment.
Obviously, this is not all encompassing and I could talk about skincare tools and products for the rest of my life, but I just wanted to share a few new things that I've picked up recently in case you're itching to change up your routine!
SHOP THE POST:
Any new favorites you've discovered recently? Do you use any of these products?!